Chasm is a 2D Action-RPG Platformer currently in development for Windows, Mac, & Linux. Taking equal inspiration from hack ‘n slash dungeon crawlers (procedurally generated dungeons, loot drops, etc) and Metroidvania-style platformers, the game aims to immerse you in its 2D fantasy world full of exciting treasure, deadly enemies, and abundant secrets.
Players take up the role of a soldier passing through a remote mining town on their journey home from a long war. The town’s miners have recently disappeared after breaching a long-forgotten temple far below the town, and reawakened an ancient slumbering evil. Now trapped in the town by supernatural forces, you’re left with no option but to explore the mines below, battle enemies and bosses, and increase your abilities in hopes of finally escaping and returning home.
- Explore Metroid-like dungeons procedurally assembled from hand-crafted rooms in six diverse areas
- Enjoy challenging retro gameplay and gorgeous authentic pixel art (320×180 native resolution)
- Discover new special abilities and powers to reach previously inaccessible areas
- Play how you want by equipping weapons, spellbooks, shields, and more to both hands
- Uncover random loot drops and rare items
- Battle massive bosses & mini-bosses
- Avoid devious traps and platforming hazards
- Includes Normal and Hardcore (Scored with Permadeath) Modes
- Leaderboards for Hardcore playthroughs featuring quickest time, least damage taken, and more
- Windows, Mac, & Linux versions with Gamepad support
A copy of the 20 minute GDC demo can be downloaded now for free! Please keep in mind this is a rough technical demonstration, and not representative of the final product. If you like what you play, please consider helping us make the game by pre-ordering now.
- Windows: Download (Requires XNA 4.0 Runtime)
- Mac (OS X 10.5+): Download (Req. Mono Framework, opt. 360 Gamepad Driver)
- Linux: Download (see official Linux thread)